UVI chairs are designed in a way, so each piece can be replaced quickly, without too much hassle.
The procedure itself is easy, but just to be safe, we have prepared short instructions for you to quickly resolve your problem.
In this article, we will concentrate on removing and replacing the chairs 5-star base itself. In addition to the written instructions, we also prepared images, thus ensuring, that the repair or replacement can be accomplished by anyone.
Required tools: TOWEL, HAMMER (we recommend a hammer, covered with rubber to prevent unnecessary damage), WD-40 or similar oil
1. Turn the chair upside down. We recommend, that you first place a towel on the floor, to prevent possible spills from the drainage of the WD-40 liquid. We aim the nozzle of WD-40 in the mechanism and spray it.
2. With one hand we grab the gas lift and try lifting it upwards, while hammering the mechanism with the other hand. We continue to do this until the gas lift is free.
3. The mechanism is now free and can be replaced. We can undertake further repairs such as changing the gas lift.
4. Again, we take the WD-40 and spray the opening, which is located at the base of the chair.
5. We hammer between the gas lift and the hole, until the gas lift looses and becomes free.
6. The gas lift is now removed and only the wheels remain.
7. We firmly grab the wheel and in an upwards motion pull it out of the base. The base of the chair is now ready for replacement.